Thank you for attending the Webinar.
This session will be held in Japanese
Overview of the event:
Please note, we have increased the maximum number of participants to 5 per firm for each session.
Speaker: Mr. Haruhiko “Harry” Saito, Managing Director, Tokyo International Consulting K.K
Date: Wednesday, September 15th, 2021
Time: 14:30 - 15:30
Venue: Webinar (Microsoft Teams)
Opt-in Process for Presentation Materials - Click here
This form is the opt-in process for sending presentation materials to registered attendees. For those that opt-in, we will send the slides to you prior to the event.
By filling out the consent form, you are agreeing with the following:
- Your name and email address can be shared with the speaker upon their request, provided that the speaker will not use it for generic email distribution, sales cold calling purposes, nor share this information with third parties outside their organization.
- You will not distribute the material beyond your organization.
- Other intellectual property rights and privacy rights will apply as appropriate.
If you cannot access the forms, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your approval of the opt-in process and preferred version of the presentation materials (Japanese or English)
The number of bilateral and multilateral investment treaties to which the Japanese state is a party continues to grow apace. In this context, our clients (corporates and financial institutions alike) are becoming increasingly interested in the protections available to them under these treaties when planning their overseas investments. In this session, we will:
In light of recent changes in FSA management, Harry’s presentation will:
- Overview of the FSA’s priorities, in tackling challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Focus on policies for assisting the financial industry’s innovation and digitalization.
- Highlight measures of promotion and globalization of the Japanese market
Mr. Haruhiko “Harry” Saito, Managing Director, Tokyo International Consulting K.K
Haruhiko “Harry” Saito is the Managing Director of Tokyo International Consulting K.K. and has advised more than 300 domestic and foreign financial institutions, including IBA Japan members, on regulatory issues.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Saito worked at the Bank of Japan and served as Japan’s official member in various working groups including the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) and the IOSCO. Mr. Saito holds a BA in Law from the University of Tokyo and an MBA from Harvard University.