In order to comply with the existing Japanese privacy laws, the following explanation outlines how the International Bankers Association of Japan (IBA Japan) collects and uses the personal identifiable data we receive.
First and foremost, IBA Japan serves as the clearinghouse for the exchange of ideas and information for our members. By seeking to foster and promote cooperation among IBA Japan members, the sharing of information and members’ resources has always been a vital part of IBA Japan’s mandate to better represent the views of our members.
1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
When handling personal information, the International Bankers Association of Japan (the “IBAJ”) complies with this Policy, the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (the “Act”) and other applicable laws and regulations.
2. Collection of Personal Information
The IBAJ may collect the personal information of any individuals to the extent necessary to achieve the Purposes (defined below) in the necessary scope and appropriate manner. The IBAJ collects the following information.
- first name, middle name, surname;
- business address;
- the name of a company or an association that the individual belongs to;
- contact information (telephone and facsimile numbers, email address, social media contact details);
- job title, function, and business unit;
- any personal information that enables the IBAJ to achieve the Purposes.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The IBAJ will use personal information only within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes (the “Purposes”).
- Holding such meetings as set forth in the Articles of Association and the Organizational Rules for the IBAJ;
- Managing advocacy activities relevant to the IBAJ member firms’ business；
- Planning meetings with our stakeholders;
- Inviting to IBAJ seminars/ webinars, cost-sharing projects, or social gatherings；
- Responding to inquiries from IBAJ member firms;
- Recruiting new staff; and
- Managing for other purposes incidental to the above.
The IBAJ will not use such personal information for the purposes other than the Purposes without the consent of the said individual unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
4. Management of Personal Information
The IBAJ will make best efforts to maintain accurate and current personal information.
The IBAJ will take the appropriate legal, organizational, physical, technical, and other relevant or appropriate measures, in addition to conducting staff training, to protect all personal information, consistent with applicable laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, and to prevent leakage, loss, or damage to personal information.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The IBAJ will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following situations:
- When the IBAJ obtains the prior consent from the individual to whom that information relates; or
- When permitted or required by applicable laws or regulations.
6. Request for disclosure, correction, or deletion of Personal Information
In relation to any personal information held by the IBAJ, if the individual to whom that information relates, requests the IBAJ to take such actions as permitted under the applicable laws and regulations, such as a request to delete or correct the personal information that identifies the said individual, the IBAJ shall act in accordance with the provisions of the applicable laws and regulations. To make such a request or other enquiry, please contact the IBAJ at: 03-6205-7531 or email@example.com.
If you wish to make a complaint regarding this policy or our handling of personal information thereunder, please contact the IBAJ at: 03-6205-7531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Bankers Association of Japan, April 1, 2022